Web Design Project Policies
Please note that the following policies are not meant to be punitive measures against responsible and considerate prospective and current clients. Unfortunately it is the case that a few irresponsible and inconsiderate people have made them necessary. Web Design Done Well's first and foremost policy is to act in good faith and help sincerely interested and actively engaged clients successfully complete their Web design projects.
The following policies apply to all Web design projects undertaken with Web Design Done Well. These policies are in place to ensure the successful completion of the client's Web design project while minimizing its duration and associated costs. To further these goals, these policies can be changed at any time.
- Regular operating hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, limited contact via e-mail may be available.
- Face-to-face meetings must occur within a 20-mile radius of Web Design Done Well's office in Toms River, New Jersey, at either the client's location or a place of public accommodation with wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) (e.g., a public library, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, Panera, etc.). Otherwise, the initial meeting can be held very successfully via phone. In either case, subsequent discussions will be held via phone.
- Scheduling and cancelling appointments for both face-to-face meetings and phone calls must be made a least 24 hours in advance.
- Depending upon the scope of the project, a client may be required to sign a written contract for Web design services to be rendered before work can begin.
- Depending upon the scope of the project, a negotiable, nonrefundable deposit may be required before work can begin.
- For most Web design projects, the period from initial discussion to completion should not exceed 30 days. A project that exceeds 30 days due to client inactivity without prior notice will be suspended and only rescheduled with the lowest priority relative to active projects.
- The client is responsible for registering a domain name (i.e., Web address) and selecting and purchasing all necessary third-party services and content (e.g., Web-hosting account, shopping cart, stock images, etc.).
- All Web design project content (e.g., text, documents, links, logos, images, audio, video, etc.) must be compiled or identified as needing to be created before work can begin.
- All Web design project functionality must be specified before work can begin.
- Extra charges may apply if a client changes project requirements after work has begun. In this case, no refund will be given for completed work that is rendered useless.
- Payment for Web design services rendered (minus the nonrefundable deposit) must be paid within two weeks of project completion.
- An account in arrears will not have its Web design project maintained or updated.
- Web Design Done Well will not be party to a client's infringement of another's intellectual property, copyright, trademark, etc., or any other unethical or illegal activity.
- Non-Disparagement/Defamation Agreement: A prospective, current, or past client agrees not to disparage or defame Web Design Done Well and/or its Web designer in any respect or to make any derogatory comments, whether written (including statements posted on online public forums, social media networks, blogs, and Web sites in general) or oral, at any time, regarding Web Design Done Well and/or its Web designer or its business or operations. In case of breach of this clause, a prospective, current, or past client agrees to pay US $25,000.00 to the Web designer as damages.
By utilizing Web Design Done Well's services, you agree to the above policies.